Friday 22 June 2012

Pages 1145-1172

I'm so close to the end of the book right now, Oh My God what am i going to with my life after I'm done?????.......Fuck i forgot about that!

So quick plot update........Jean Valjean reveals who he really is to Marius who is horrified by the news, Marius reluctantly allows Valjean to keep seeing Cosette even though he'd rather have nothing more to do with him but he's being nice to keep Cosette happy, Valjean asks Cosette for her to stop calling him father which she does only after protesting at both her men. Valjean comes for visits every evening but eventually stops coming alltogether, i think he's supposed to be dying from a broken heart or something.

Ugggggh, Marius is being a twat again. I really don't get what his problem is when he finds out who Valjean really is, if he's trying to keep him away from Cosette because he thinks he's too dangerous for her then how dare he try to take the moral fucking high ground! Ummmm Marius, shall i remind you of the incident recently where YOU TRIED TO BLOW YOURSELF UP! Neither of you should be allowed near Cosette in my opinion!
I really don't think Valjean should be taking any of Marius's crap, he's been living right longer than Marius has been alive and he's been looking after Cosette for longer than Marius has even known her, seriously why is he putting up with all this? Is it just to keep Cosette happy? Even ex-cons are entitled to some happiness you know.

Marius has no right to be angry with Valjean, nobody should be punished their entire lives for a petty crime they committed when they were young, and Marius has no right to try and keep Valjean from seeing Cosette. OK so there is the whole deal where Marius still thinks Valjean murdered Javert but like i said before Marius has no right to be angry about that. Marius was the one fighting in the student revolution where i assume he must have shot people, if you ask me he's just as guilty as Valjean is.


Cosette's acting like a dumbass during these pages too, i think i liked Cosette better when she didn't say anything at all, it's preferable to what she's like right now. Although to be fair to her it's not really her fault since neither Marius or Valjean are being honest with her so it's understandable why she acts like she has no idea whats going on around her.
Why don't they just tell her the truth? I think Cosette is smart enough to see the good in people and not solely judge them by their past. She's not bothered by the fact that Valjean isn't even her real father so why would one more thing make any difference!

You know what, fuck it all! I'm too close to the end of the book to keep questioning things. Let it end Victor Hugo, just let it end! Let me move on to another project! Just end my torment!
I'm just joking I've really enjoyed the book actually.

1 comment:

  1. I dislike Marius, too, for what he did to Valjean. I think there's a cruel, cold streak in him, which showed in the way he treated his grandfather. He indirectly caused Valjean's death. Valjean's own behaviour really irritated me, too, as did Cosette's. BUT, to be fair to Marius who found out about Valjean (and got all his facts wrong), he DID think Valjean was both a murderer and a thief. And I'm not talking about the loaf of bread 40 odd years before. However, Marius was cold to Valjean even before he had this information. He didn't even know what Valjean had done. This makes Marius a pretty shitty person, imo, especially considering Valjean gave him 600,000 francs.

    ReplyDelete