Friday 18 May 2012

Les Miserables

(How big is that sweeping brush that kid is holding??? I know she's only tiny but even on an adult that thing would be massive!)


So this blog is all about my attempt to read one of the longest novels ever written, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I'm already about halfway through but a friend (PETER!) told me last night that i should do a blog about the book as i go along, so i'm gonna pause reading until the blog is caught up.

Anyone who knows me knows that i am not a big reader, i don't really like to read novels, i don't have the imagination for it, i like to read true crime books and the occasional graphic novel. This is a picture of the last book i read in comparison to Les Miserables.
I would say that Les Mis is about 5 times the size of that book (The Worst Witch by Jill Murphy, yes i'm a child at heart OK, don't judge me!)

I'm not ashamed of the fact that i don't read, it's not something that's important to me, i have tried to read novels but my attention drifts a lot and i find that i never even remember what I've just read most of the time.

So why out of all the books ever written would i choose Les Miserables? Keep reading to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment