Sunday 8 December 2013

Les Miserables: The Sequel

Apologies for the lack of new posts lately, not much has really happened with me and Les Mis since the movie came out and i saw it on stage. To be honest there's only so much mileage I can really get out of one subject and I thought i had already said everything i could about Les Miserables.

However this week i found something, something I didn't think actually existed, i thought it was just a myth, the stuff of nightmares......... but apparently it's real.

*GULP*

I found this book this week and if you don't know what it is it's the terrible unofficial sequel to Les Miserables that was written in 1995. 
How do i know it's terrible? Well firstly because IT'S A FUCKING SEQUEL TO LES MISERABLES!!! It doesn't need a sequel, it's perfect as it is, why ruin it by making a sequel? Also i know that she was one of the few characters to survive the book but who the hell thought it would be a good idea to base a novel around Cosette? I love her, but even i admit she's not the most interesting of characters.
If you need proof of this books reputation just do a google search for it and you'll soon find out how much hate this book gets. I don't even need to read it to know it's bad, it sounds like bad fan fiction and i know a little about bad fan fiction, believe me!

I am not looking forward to reading this at all, i feel like this could ruin everything I've come to love about Les Mis :(

No comments:

Post a Comment