Monday 10 December 2018

Les Miserables is back!


*Unlocks door*.....

*Lights a candle*....

*Searches for a light switch*.....

Hello?

Helloooooooo!!!

*Blows away the cobwebs from this poor forgotten blog....

Guess what people! I am back! Holy crap it's been two years since I last posted here. That's the problem with Les Miserables you see, there's only so far it can go before you run out of things to post about :(

But anyway I am back for a little while because the greatest thing ever is happening in a few weeks.

Yes, Les Miserables is back on our screens in a 6 part BBC miniseries starting on December 30th!




A mini series!!! Oh my God that is the best thing ever! And no, it's not going to be a musical, which is fine with me, because personally I think a mini series is the best way to tell the whole story.

I mean yes I love the musical, and yes there have been many film adaptations of the book but all of them inevitably end up losing a lot of the story because of time constraints so I'm hoping that this new mini series with be a lot more faithful to the novel. The novel has so much in it and so much of it is great that it's always a shame to me when something gets cut out.

I mean I'll be OK with the whole detour in the Paris sewer to be cut out, seriously....that parts gross.

BUT I can tell from the trailer already that there's some things in it that usually get cut out. 
Cosettes real father for instance, it's been ages since I've seen him in an adaptation, and the IMDB page says that we're gonna see Marius as a young boy and that Azelma Thenardier will be a character too, which is great because she's never shown! She's so forgotten :( 

So yes, Les Miserables begins in the UK on December 30 on BBC one at 9pm.

I'm so excited!

I'm gonna try to give my thoughts on each episode after it airs on this blog, I don't intend on doing a full review because I'm really not good at that, I'd just like to say what I thought about it and what I liked and disliked about each episode.

So stay tuned for that, and......Fuck you Victor Hugo!






No comments:

Post a Comment