Tuesday 31 July 2012

Notre-Dame de Paris

I made a start on Notre-Dame de Paris this afternoon and after reading the first 30 pages or so i can say without any doubt..............that i will not be blogging about this book.

Sorry but i can already tell that it's going to be boring, i knew before i started that i wasn't going to like this book as much as Les Miserables, i think it's because when i was reading Les Mis i already knew the basic story because I'd already seen and liked the musical, I'm going into Notre Dame pretty much blind, yeah i know the basics of the story from what I've seen of film adaptations over the years but to be honest the story never really appealed to me. I liked the musical of Les Miserables so i knew i was going to like the book, perhaps if there was a good musical version of Notre-Dame de Paris out there i might be more open to liking the book.

But i know there isn't, oh well!

So there will be no hilarious commentary from me about this book, sorry to let you down folks but this is something i just cannot do!

No comments:

Post a Comment